[Dev] people banned from irc for harrassment

Luke T. Shumaker lukeshu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 6 18:23:41 GMT 2013

At Fri, 6 Sep 2013 22:41:40 +0530,
Icarious wrote:

> lukeshu wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I don't have time to reply, but on an unrelated note:
> >
> > What's up with your MUA that it's not setting the `In-Reply-To:` or
> > `References:` headers?  It's not threading the conversation.
> >
> > ~ Luke
>
> Sorry, this is apparently my first experience to communicate over a
> developer's mailing list. So I am yet to learn how things work. I
> guess, I will hit "reply" from now on and add
> dev at lists.parabolagnulinux.org as a CC if that's how it should work
> for being threaded. Correct me if there's another way to do it
> properly.

"reply to all" is the correct thing in most mail programs.  It should
litterally do the same thing as "reply" and adding the mailing list
back as CC; the only difference between "reply" and "reply to all"
should be that "reply to all" auto-populates the CC field.  Apparently
that's not the way Sylpheed does it, I would consider that a bug.

I might also consider it a bug that it is using the `X-Mailer:` header
to identify itself instead of `User-Agent:`.

Happy hacking,
~ Luke Shumaker