[Assist] Packages installation troubles

André Silva emulatorman at lavabit.com
Tue Jun 25 17:57:21 GMT 2013

On 06/25/2013 08:55 AM, crazybygnulinux wrote:
> Hi,
> It's Ainara, I'm newbie in parabola I still using trisquel distro but
> it overload my old pc and for this matter I begun to use parabola.
> I use the last iso. My trouble come from step when downloading
> packages, not all of them if not some, like
> parabola-keyring-20130609-1-any, linux-libre-3.9.7-1-i686,
> pacman-4.1.2-1-i686, your-freedom-20130621-1-any and
> linux-libre-api-headers-3.8.4-1-i686, linux-libre-firmware-3.9.-1-any
> The message show: file
> /mnt/var/cache/pacman/pkg/linux-.......pkg.tar.xz is corrupted
> (invalidor corrupted package (PGP signature)) in  repos server lines
> are without #. So, it should work I think.
>
> Any sugestion please? What can I do?
> Thanks in advance!

Hi, that problem is related to my gpg and coadde key that were expired
on the 23 of this month, coadde and me renewed it some weeks ago, but
our livecd wasn't updated with lastest parabola-keyring, so some users
that want install parabola from livecd the first time will have this
problem.
Alfplayer (livecd maintainer) is on it making a new livecd with the
lastest parabola-keyring version, but at the moment you should update
parabola-keyring before install the packages that you need for you machine.

You need type it:

pacman -Syu parabola-keyring

try repopulate it again

pacman-key --init
pacman-key --populate parabola
pacman-key --populate archlinux

After this, you should update the system with the gpg renewed from
parabola-keyring without problems

pacman -Syu